Orientation and directions
Hotel Wiking is located about 1km from the main station. Ferries to Scandinavia or the Baltic states as well as cruise ships usually dock less than 3km from the hotel.
- The nearest bus stop is Adelheidstraße, about 50m from the hotel. Bus no. 91 runs 2 to 4 times an hour during daytime and connects the hotel with the main station.
- Other bus stops are Exerzierplatz and Kirchhofallee, both approx. 400m distance, where several routes run many times an hour during the day and in the evening. They are also serviced by the night bus.
- Almost every other bus line in Kiel usually stops at the main station, just two stops from Hotel Wiking.
- Just opposite main station, Sophienhof marks the beginning of Kiel's city shopping zone. It stretches for about a mile to the Kiel »Castle«. Another very popular shopping street is the Holtenauer Straße, which runs from Dreiecksplatz, approx 1.5 kms from Hotel Wiking.
Food and bars
- Galerie Club 68 in Ringstraße 68, about 250m from Hotel Wiking is a very popular pub and restaurant with our guests. This legendary club is quite renowned outside of Kiel due to the origins of the »Werner« comic books.
- You can find plenty of restaurants, bars, cafes and pubs around the Europaplatz next to the Sparkassenarena (sports arena), in the traffic-free shopping area or around the main station, from upmarket dining to fast food.
Events and Entertainment
- The Sparkassenarena (former Ostseehalle), home arena of THW, Germanys best handball team is in 10 min reach by foot. In 15 min you can get to the Opera – or the Cinemaxx multiplex cinema next to the main station.
- In 15 min you can get to the Opera. Or by being a talented singer.
- In 15 min you can get to the Cinemaxx multiplex cinema next to the main station.
Coming from Hamburg, you reach Kiel easily (in around 1 to 1.5 hrs) by train, shuttle bus or car. If by car, then follow the signs for A7 motorway to the north and change at Blumenthal to the A215 which brings you directly to Kiel.
If you're coming from Lübeck, take the B206 major road, change to the B404 until you reach Kiel. It is also possible and sometimes more comfortable to take the A1 motorway to Hamburg and drive to Kiel from there, as the B206 is often very busy.
It is now very easy to find Hotel Wiking: drive straight through the traffic lights at the end of the motorway. The four-lane road is called Schützenwall. The hotel is about 500 yards on the right. Free car parking is available in the courtyard and there is also underground garage for guests.
By the B404
After entering the city limit, take the ramp to the left onto the Theodor-Heuss-Ring (B76) heading west and follow it for about 1.2 miles. When you reach the junction with the motorway (IKEA), turn right in the direction of the city centre (Zentrum). Drive along Schützenwall for about 500 yards, the hotel is on the right. Free car parking is available in the courtyard and there is also underground garage for guests.